cumulative probability analysis

tomte tehgabriel at
Wed Aug 18 05:17:10 EST 2004

> I figure that amplitude refers to the abilitude of the IPSC, but what is
> the cumulative probability and the interevent internal refering too? The
> cumulative probability of there being an IPSC of that amblitude?

Right idea! That's quite close.  It's the probability of an incoming
IPSC with indicated amplitude or lower. The last point is important!
cumulative probaility := P(amplitude ≤ X)

> and what are the events, that the interevent internal, is an interval of?

The  events are the postsynaptic events => the IPSCs. It is the
interval between two successive IPSPs (or IPSCs).

Best regards,