Could a cell membrane provide an electromagnetic shield ?

k p Collins kpaulc at [----------]earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 23:44:03 EST 2004

"David Longley" <David at longley.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:IzC9tvKhNBLAFwQ2 at longley.demon.co.uk...
> In article <ngvm20dhocqmnjkm1f984462t1v1l5ntdj at 4ax.com>, r norman
> <rsn_ at _comcast.net> writes
> >On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:44:47 GMT, "Glen M. Sizemore"
> ><gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>RN: "Perhaps in another 50 years we will all think like [Ken]..."
> >>
> >>GS: Especially if someone dumps a powerful psychosis-inducing drug into
the
> >>water supply.
> >>
> >>"r norman" <rsn_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
> >>news:jd5l20d11nt95du21tr7mitl2fdqsp1rc0 at 4ax.com...

> >Who knows?  Someday pigs may fly.  Someday we will actually find WMD
> >in Iraq.  Someday (although this one is even less likely) we may be
> >teaching about 3-D energy dynamics!
> >
> >As a rapidly aging guy brought up in the Eisenhower era to be polite
> >and respectful, I find truly appalling the level of civil discourse
> >all too often practiced on news groups.  (Not this one so much). I
> >think I made it pretty clear that neither I nor anyone else in the
> >universe believes his theories.  But I didn't feel it necessary to be
> >rude about it.
> >

> Is it rude to refer to what appears to be psychotic behaviour as
> psychotic? Not only does Ken show classic signs of psychosis, but he
> also violates nearly every rule of scientific etiquette. He assimilates
> the work of others, fails to acknowledge where it's come from (cf
> Gellhorn, DA, 5-HT and NA etc), misleads the unwary (though I can't
> imagine there are many of those), ignores all advice, and should at
> least get some professional advice. Is it being rude to try to be honest
> with him? Is there not a risk of reinforcing what is otherwise just bad
> behaviour by "being polite"?
>
> Like several here, I mean Ken no harm, but I'd like to see him face
> facts. It's possible - and with some help, he need not give up entirely
> on what he's interested. But as things are, there's no chance, and
> "being polite" may not be the way to help.
>
> --
> David Longley

Most of what you've posted is Lies [who or
what is "Gellhorn"?], but I agree with the first
phrase in your last sentence. It's as you say,
so I'm using the Freedom, inherent.

K. P. Collins