Some amphetamine affinities

David Longley David at
Wed Feb 18 18:25:34 EST 2004

In article <qlc430lafacpd4ifcsp85rbdcoee0pmvoj at>, Doktor DynaSoar
<targeting at> writes
>On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:29:28 GMT, "k p  Collins"
><kpaulc@[----------]> wrote:
>} I'm 'curious' - are folks waiting for me to
>} respond?
>Nobody is waiting for anything.
>} Everything I have to say about Neuropharmacology
>} has been in AoK, Ap9 all along ["functional multiplexing"]
>If among that you have the specific answers regarding the affinities
>of the specified drugs to the monoaminergic transporters, then feel
>free. If not, then it has nothing to do with the question.

I once worked with DSP-4 (N-2-chloroethyl-N-ethyl-2-bromobenzylamine
hydrochloride) as an alternative to 6-OHDA) whilst looking at forebrain
NE' (and other monomaines') role in various aspects of learning. It
looks like the term "transporter" is being used here as a synonym for
(presynaptic) "reuptake receptor". Is that the case? I used to use DMI,
5-7 DHT, but not MDMA in control groups. I thought these ligands were
somewhat dirty and bound to lots of receptors - is this what you're
interested in, ie their relative affinities (sorry if this has all been
said earlier).

This is really a trivial question for my benefit, as I expect matters
have moved on considerably since my day (although I do try to keep up
with some of it).
David Longley