How does NeuroPhone work?

Allen L. Barker alb at
Sat Jan 10 01:21:17 EST 2004

Curious wrote:
> Invented by Patrick Flanagan. It is said to directly stimulate parts
> of the brain's auditory cortex to produce sound perception. Is this
> too good to be true?

The best explanation I've seen is that the device produces ultrasonic
waves that travel through the body's tissues (which are mostly water).
These waves travel to the inner ear (possibly the saccule) where they
can actually be understood.  See, e.g., the following article:

    Human ultrasonic speech perception.

Much more info, including links to the original patents, is available in
the following articles:

Mind Control: TT&P ==>
Home page:
Allen Barker