death of the mind.

Joe Legris jalegris at xympatico.ca
Sat Jul 10 07:30:08 EST 2004

Glen M. Sizemore wrote:
> Odd that Peter would have referred you to O'Regan and Noe, and then say what
> he does about "seeing red" (but then, Peter is a complete idiot). O& N is
> indispensable reading after Science and Human Behavior, About Behaviorsm,
> and an undergrad text on behavior analysis. I leave out Verbal Behavior
> because it is not really possible to read it on your own.

That's right.

Skinner intended V.B. as a speculative work, but by now it has attained
the status of standard dogma for the radical behaviourist. The worthy
task of empirically verifying Skinner's conjectures as they pertain to
humans (conveniently unethical, no?) has been deprecated in favour of
political indoctrination, a time-honoured technique for instilling
"difficult" subject matter. A qualified handler will ensure that you
"understand" the book.