death of the mind.

Wolf Kirchmeir wwolfkir at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 16 10:51:30 EST 2004

John Hasenkam wrote:

...snip...
> Yes we do, there are countless examples of people who refused to tow the
> party line (scientific or otherwise),...snip...

Nobody tows a party line. They toe it. Big difference.

This error is becoming so widespread, it will sonn be "correct," and
some self-styled language expert will invent a silly story explaining
the absuridty of the dead metaphor hidden in the cliche.

And the other error that surprises me when I read it made by supposedly
well-schooled  people is "Low and behold!" Like, you're supposed to make
like a melancholy cow?

:-)