Thalamic Nuclei Text

Matt Jones jonesmat at physiology.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 16 14:59:09 EST 2004

BilZ0r <BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9527ED2D495C2BilZ0rhotmailcom at 202.20.93.13>...
> Does anyone know of a good anatomy textbook that will tell me where
> thalamic nuclei tend to project to, and to which cortical layers therein?

How bout these:

Steriade, M., Jones, E.G., and McCormick, D.A., (eds.),
Thalamus, Volume I: Organisation and function, Volume II: Experimental
and clinical aspects,
Elsevier, 1997.

Sherman, S.M., and Guillery, R.W. (2003) Thalamus. In: Synaptic
Organization of the Brain, Fifth Edition, G.M. Shepherd (ed.), Oxford
University Press

Sherman, S.M , and. Guillery, R.W. (2001) Exploring the Thalamus.
Academic Press, San Diego.

Destexhe, Alain and Sejnowski, Terrence J.
Thalamocortical assemblies, Oxford, New York, 2001.

Matt