death of the mind.

Allan C Cybulskie allan.c.cybulskie at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 18 17:29:59 EST 2004

"Wolf Kirchmeir" <wwolfkir at sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:AZwKc.791$Vw3.104638 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> Lester Zick wrote:
>

> > The problem is that the behavioist position we see is not that the
> > environment is an essential feature of any theory of behavior but that
> > the environment is the exclusive determinant of behavior, period.
> >

> False.

I'm not so sure this is true.  Ultimately, it sounds like for a
behaviourist, it all comes down to the operants and the like, and yet if
those AREN'T simply traceable back to the environment, then it seems that
there's no disagreement between behaviourists and -- certainly --
mentalists.  Yet the behaviourists here insist that there is.