death of the mind.

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 06:03:05 EST 2004

As I have told you before, there is nothing about behaviorism that is
antithetical to a physiological understanding of behavior. It is just not
what behaviorists do. What they ARE against, though, is trying to find the
ghosts of mentalistic psychology in the brain. In order to reduce behavior
to physiological mechanisms, one must know what it is that one is trying to
reduce. Behaviorists argue that mentalistic psychology does not break the
psychological world up into the correct pieces. And experiment alone will
not solve this problem for psychology because they force all data into their
conceptual structure of representation, storage, retrieval etc. These are
not hypothetical entities, they are assumptions.

news:40fd8510_7 at news.athenanews.com...