death of the mind.

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 06:15:24 EST 2004

Science needs to make models at the right time, and at a level commensurate
with their current experimental control. The first step, in the case of a
subject matter that is accessible to manipulation, is to directly obtain the
functions that prevail between independent and dependent variables. Another
thing that science must have is conceptual analysis - one must be
painstakingly obsessed with the assumptions and fundamental concepts
underlying the science. Psychologists are taught that the answer to all
problems is more experimentation, but it could be argued, as I am doing,
that no amount of experimentation can save a bad conceptual structure.

news:40fd4f68$1_6 at news.athenanews.com...