Neuroscience Advice

Sina Tootoonian achillesofpersis at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 11:40:10 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am an undergrad electrical engineering student. I have been studying
neuroscience in my spare time, and I was looking for some research
advice:

I've been doing a literature review, and have had no trouble
understanding the contents of the papers I've been reading. However,
they have been review papers for the most part, and so their levels of
sophistication have not been excessively high. My question is:

Should I stop the literature review and get a grounding in basic
neuroscience first (Biology, Chemistry, General Neuroscience,
Information Theory, Statistics), or continue with my review and learn
the required background as the need arises?

Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sina