Differential EEG

NMF nm_fournier at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 5 21:55:53 EST 2004

Thanks for your response.  The point was really brought up when i read one
of Ken's points regarding triangulation.  Even though it is interesting and
I agree with him that it would be useful.  It just seems to me that we still
end up having difficulty with interpretation the results.  (This is such the
limitation of our spatial and temporal resolution for measurement I
suppose).

I am just skeptical whenever anyone advocates that they have a "complete
theory of brain functioning".  I mean any theory is embedded within
statistical variability and probability.  Actually many of the posts and
suggestions that yourself and Ken provided were very interesting and
insightful.

You mentioned in some other posting that you worked with Pribram?  I was
wondering if I interpret that correctly?  That's really interesting.  Maybe
you can provide us with some information regarding how he was to work with.
i.e. what kind of guy he was and stuff.  Also maybe you can chat about your
research a bit.  I am really interested.  I have never met him but i have
read his work before (like pretty much every neuroscientist has, or at least
should).  Obviously, it was very influential and ahead of its time.

I think its really fantastic to get these opportunities to work and interact
with such great thinkers.  I spent sometime earlier today with David Hubel
who was visiting our university today.  (for those who do not know who Dr.
Hubel is. He won the Nobel Prize with Torsten Wiesel in 1981 for his work on
the visual cortex.  They also shared the award with great cortical mapper,
Roger Sperry).  We are having our annual symposium on the life and research
of Donald Hebb and he is one of the speakers.   Besides talking with Dr.
Hubel about his research and science in general, I was really fascinated
just hearing the life history of this individual.  It blows me away, how at
one time, the Montreal Neurological Institute housed many of the most
influential neuroscientists of our time.  It is just amazing.
Unfortunately, two hours can go by really fast chating about stuff like
that.

Anyway sorry for the rant.

news:6n5i40trtpo9hvupk4mq4lf2dldr55osj6 at 4ax.com...