ken's work

John H. johnh at faraway.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 00:01:33 EST 2004

If you believe Ken is psychotic then allow me to relate some advice I
received from a psychiatrist sometime ago regarding such pathologies. I
asked him why so many patients stop taking their medication. He replied that
when giving scripts to his patients he was often left with the impression
that his patients were patronising him, that they would take the script but
in their hearts did not believe the drugs would do them any good because
they did not believe that they were ill.

That persistent denial is one of the most striking features of psychosis.
I'll leave it you to draw the conclusions regarding the current debate re
AoK.

John H.

news:c+GouSFLmvVAFwij at longley.demon.co.uk...