Basilar membrane; hearing.

TonyJeffs tonyjeffs at aol.com
Sat May 1 15:08:15 EST 2004

Von Bekesey
OK I can answer a question on it. But it still doesn't feel right.

Can anyone suggest anything else, a single object, in our everyday
experience that resonates at different places along its length in
proportion to the frequency of the incumbant wave?

Can you think of anything that'll still work at audio frequencies if
it is small?

I think a flute in reverse would work (sensors over the finger holes),
but itd have to be 1/2 max wavelength,so it cant be shorter than a
flute.  In fluid rather than air, it'd be much bigger.

Tony