Questions on the Nature of memory, personality, etc.

Quito Quito qquito at hotmail.com
Sun May 9 03:40:36 EST 2004

Dear All:

I am wondering what the modern answers to the following questions are.

Suppose I can instantly make an identical copy of an adult person. The
copy is  physically exactly the same as the original at molecular as
well as atomic and all subatomic levels. The copy and the original are
then put in exactly the same environment.

Now does the copy have all the knowledge, such as in physics, history,
etc., as the original does? Is the personality of the copy the same as
the original? Is the copy equally intelligent as the original? More
importantly, does the copy have the memory of the past as experienced
by the original?

My own answers are all YES.

Roland