Questions on the Nature of memory, personality, etc.

Robert M?rtin robertmaertin at gmx.de
Wed May 12 03:43:26 EST 2004

> I think you'll find that the problems lie much deeper than you make out.
> It is one thing to assert that one's a physicalist, it's a lot harder to
> practice that. In some areas of neuroscience the problems just don't
> arise. They manifest themselves in much more subtle and insidious ways
> elsewhere.

I can remember that Folk Psychology and Intentionality cannot be
reduced to physical terms and that there is a struggle determinism vs.
indeterminism.
But... this never bothered me.

What are you thinking of ?
Do you know a situation where I might get into serious inner conflicts
? Or an assumption I have to make as a scientist that really would be
an outrage for certain philosophers ?

regards
Robert