Internal Capsule orientation

David Longley David at
Fri May 21 06:01:23 EST 2004

In article
<m.kirkcaldie-BD8106.09345821052004 at>, Matthew
Kirkcaldie <m.kirkcaldie at> writes
>In article <e5071a17.0405201019.4643a04f at>,
> ssothro at (Stam) wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>     I am trying to figure out the main direction of the fibers of the
>> internal capsule. Does anybody have an idea on this?
>They run from the brain stem toward the surface of the cortex in an
>expanding fan.  Hence the name "corona radiata" (radiating crown) which
>is also applied to these fibres.
>Beautiful blunt dissection here:
>         Matthew.

A *very* well chosen link as a response Matthew. The directions question
is in fact far less interesting than the striking preparation, as the
authors point out. .

That's one for the archives - thanks.
David Longley