Internal Capsule orientation

Matthew Kirkcaldie m.kirkcaldie at removethis.unsw.edu.au
Mon May 24 20:39:10 EST 2004

In article <ng85b0p396kqq73999fuvb4s0d009r1ri8 at 4ax.com>,
 Kalman Rubinson <kr4 at nyu.edu> wrote:

> For example, while there are probably more fibers that normally
> conduct from the cortex rather than to the cortex, it is also notable
> that all these axons are capable of conducting action potentials in
> either direction.

Yeah, I think this is what he was getting at - if you applied a voltage,
what would the main flow of current be through such a structure.  For
instance, in an execution by electric chair, the current passing in
through the cranial foraminae would be conducted preferentially down the
corona radiata and into the spinal cord.  (Sorry for such a gruesome
example!)

      Matthew.