drugs that evoke tissue nutrition ?

fergal fergalflann at aol.com
Thu May 27 00:42:08 EST 2004

Ok I have a question I was hoping somone out there might be able to
answer, so here goes ..

Intraligamentous blood vessels are sparse. Therefore, mid-tissue
nutrition relies greatly on diffusion from nearby blood vessels which
lie parallel to the tissue and synovial fluid.

My question is how can you evoke or cause a diffusion of these nearby
blood vessels ?

Is there any form of drug that can do this for example or perhaps
something else ?

Would  vasodilators like vinpocetine or maybe even niacin, which
causes surface blood vessel dilation (i.e., flush) in higher doses
(like 500 mg) perhaps be able to do this ?

thanks

ferg