Longley's Enlightened Empire (Re: Enlightened Empiricism, Extensionalism and the Control of Operant Behavior)

David Longley David at longley.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:02:48 EST 2004

In article <10okfike49bgs47 at corp.supernews.com>, Albert
<alwagner at tcac.net> writes
>David Longley wrote:
>> In article <10ok8bammq1pdc9 at corp.supernews.com>, Albert
>><alwagner at tcac.net> writes
>>
>>> David Longley wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> Your use of the word 'liberal' as a derogative places all of your
>>>arguments and comments in proper perspective, as does your constant
>>>attempt to slime a variety of newsgroups by heavy crossposting.
>>>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>> Your "perspective" is naive, ignorant and idiotic.
>>  Give yourself an education and try to read Skinner's "Beyond Freedom
>>and  Dignity" 1971, and then, if you can manage it (which I suspect
>>you  can't), "Upon Further Reflection" (1987).
>>  If that's all too much for you, try the populist version, ie
>>Chomsky's  "Manufacturing Consent" 1992, or for some figures, try
>>Murray and  Herrnstein's "The Bell Curve" (1994).
>>  Along the way, give a few moments' thought to why so many of the
>>above  (and many like them) find folk like yourself and Verhey
>>incorrigibly  ignorant.
>
>I can only add to my previous remarks that you are also a racial bigot,
>as evidenced by your championing of _The Bell Curve_.  I am *delighted*
>to be considered 'incorrigibly ignorant' by your racist behaviorist
>heroes.

It's not about "race", it's about the distribution of human abilities,
class structure, human behavioural genetics, human migration, mating and
the effects of long term natural selection. "Race" is incidental as you
would have picked up if you'd actually read and understood any of it.

You *are* incorrigibly ignorant, and you're also a naive dupe of what
amounts to a "politically correct" irrational liberalism which amounts
to a bizarre form of intellectual fascism and you risk sacrificing
everything rational about science as a consequence.

Try to do some *critical* self analysis and look at the empirical
research instead of posting fanciful rubbish. There are few findings
with as much evidence behind it as the above, and I suggest you should
make a determined effort to grasp what it means and it's global
implications rather than burying your head up your rectum because you
don't "like" it or would "like" it to be otherwise. It's because of your
sort of behaviour that careful science is driven underground and worse.
--
David Longley
http://www.longley.demon.co.uk