Longley's Enlightened Empire (Re: Enlightened Empiricism, Extensionalism and the Control of Operant Behavior)

David Longley David at longley.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 12:18:54 EST 2004

In article <10okfike49bgs47 at corp.supernews.com>, Albert
<alwagner at tcac.net> writes
>David Longley wrote:
>> In article <10ok8bammq1pdc9 at corp.supernews.com>, Albert
>><alwagner at tcac.net> writes
>>
>>> David Longley wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> Your use of the word 'liberal' as a derogative places all of your
>>>arguments and comments in proper perspective, as does your constant
>>>attempt to slime a variety of newsgroups by heavy crossposting.
>>>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>> Your "perspective" is naive, ignorant and idiotic.
>>  Give yourself an education and try to read Skinner's "Beyond Freedom
>>and  Dignity" 1971, and then, if you can manage it (which I suspect
>>you  can't), "Upon Further Reflection" (1987).
>>  If that's all too much for you, try the populist version, ie
>>Chomsky's  "Manufacturing Consent" 1992, or for some figures, try
>>Murray and  Herrnstein's "The Bell Curve" (1994).
>>  Along the way, give a few moments' thought to why so many of the
>>above  (and many like them) find folk like yourself and Verhey
>>incorrigibly  ignorant.
>
>I can only add to my previous remarks that you are also a racial bigot,
>as evidenced by your championing of _The Bell Curve_.  I am *delighted*
>to be considered 'incorrigibly ignorant' by your racist behaviorist
>heroes.

It's not about "race", it's about the distribution of human abilities,
class structure, human behavioural genetics, human migration, mating,
and the long term effects of natural selection. "Race" is just
incidental, as you would have picked up if you'd actually read and
understood any of it.

As it stands, you *are* incorrigibly ignorant, and you're also a naive
dupe of a "politically correct" irrational liberalism which amounts to a
pernicious form of intellectual fascism. As a consequence, you risk
sacrificing everything that's rational about science.

Try to do some *critical* self-analysis and look more carefully into the
empirical research instead of posting fanciful emotive rubbish. There
are few findings with as much solid evidence behind it as the above, and
I suggest you make a determined effort to grasp what it means along with
some of its likely global economic and political implications rather
than burying your head up your rectum because you don't "like" any of it
or because you might "like" it to be otherwise. It's because of that
sort of naive, ineffectual, romantic and in my view, entirely misguided
behaviour that careful, productive science is driven underground or
worse.
--
David Longley
http://www.longley.demon.co.uk