Science and Morality

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 5 04:45:07 EST 2004

Hi Folks.

>From The Man of La Mancha, one of my favorite
things:

Dulcinea: 'Quest'? What does that mean, 'quest'?

Don Quixote: It is a mission of each true knight...
his duty... nay, his privilege,

Dulcinea: laughs

Don Quixote: To dream the impossible dream.

Dulcinea: murmurs

Don Quixote: To fight the unbeatable foe,
To bear with unbearable sorrow,
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong,
To love, pure and chaste, from afar,
To try, when your arms are too weary,
To reach the unreachable star.

This is my quest.
To follow that star,
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far.

To fight for the right
Without question or pause.
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause.

And I know, if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest.

And the world will be better for this,
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove with his last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable star!

[Transcribed from a Tony Awards program from
a few years back. Thrilling!]

I'm feeling a bit like ol' Don Q. These days.

I've watched the presidential election campaign
with my jaw hanging down, as, one after another,
way-obvious devious deceptions assaulted the
American Citizenry. And, yesterday, I knew that
the 'election' sealed my own 'fate'.

My personal dilemma is that I know folks in the
U. S. Government know about NDT [and TH],
and, so knowing, I can only honor Truth.

So, I watched what was unfolding ,with aug-
menting "alarm", attending specifically to the
'Blind' automation that was inherent in it -
aghast at what it all meant with respect to the
nervous system dynamics that were being coerced
within nervous systems, far and wide.

I'm going to discuss this stuff in future posts,
but, tonight, there's one main thing that's
breaking my heart. It is the way that the so-
called "religious right" so savagely denied
virtually everything that Jesus taught while
professing 'christian morality'.

Is there anyone, anywhere, who can make
the thousands of Lives that have been lost
in Iraq with =anything= that Jesus said?

It cannot be done. Yet here is the "religious
right" racing, headlong, into being the well-
spring of that slaughter.

I can think of nothing more-sorrowful than
is this, and that's where Neuroscience comes
into the picture.

"Religion."

Strengthen your minds for the doing. Stand
off at a mental distance, and take a look at
what has been unfolding all around us.

If there's sufficient strengthening in there,
what you'll see is, all over the world, folks
are experiencing TD E/I-minimization, and
calling that flesh-born stuff, "god".

On both sides, "terrorism" and "the war
against terrorism", all that's been happening
is folks 'thinking' that all the stuff that's
merely become 'familiar' [TD E/I-min-
imized] to them is "right", and anything
else is "wrong".

It's just as nonsensical for Christians to
kill "in the name of Jesus" as it is for
Moslems to "kill in the name of Allah". But
neither side can see into the depths of this
nonsense. TD E/I is high, around the
world, and the higher it's pumped by
this or that savagery, the more 'blindly'-
automated folks' behaviors become..

It's the "inward spiral" that's discussed
in AoK, Ap8 - the self-sustaining chain
reaction of savage-reaction.

And why does this nonsense exist, my
colleagues in Neuroscience? It exists
for only one 'reason': "Abstract
Ignorance has been allowed its existence
within the minds so tortured that they
can no longer experience mutual Humanity.

Why, my colleagues in Neuroscience,
has so much been left in the hands of
"the beast", when the understanding that
slays "the beast" has existed for decades?

What's that? It's me who has "refused" to
submit NDT's stuff for publication? So,
it's me who is "responsible" for the
savagery?

If that is the case, then, please, allow me
to redress my failure by telling me where
I can send NDT's stuff to get it published.

Other matters: I've resolved 6 of the
Clay Maths Institute's "Millenium Prob-
lems". [I think I've also resolved the
7th, but can't be sure because I've not
been able to find a discussion of it that's
amenable to the way I do Maths.]

I've already [long ago] discussed every-
thing that's necessary to resolve the 6
problems. I smiled when I realized that
"P vs. Np" has been resolved in AoK,
Ap6 all along. All that's necessary is the
discussion of the "nonlinearity of perspect-
ive [NL-P] that's given in that appendix.
Consider this problem in the form of the
"Traveling Salesman Problem" - an instance
of "Np".As soon as one gets up to about 11
nodes [cities], the task of resolving the
shortest path, via a testing of all possibilities
becomes overwhelming.

But, if one invokes the NL-P, one can look
everywhere within the network "all at once".

Take a look. It's all been in AoK, Ap6 all
along.

I'll take it before any Maths folks, any-
where - in-person.

The other 5 problems that I've resolved
have all been discussed, sufficiently, in
long-prior posts.

Hold me to it.

I thought about searching for a local
Mathematician who, for half the prize,