Longley's Enlightened Empire (Re: Enlightened Empiricism, Extensionalism and the Control of Operant Behavior)

BilZ0r BilZ0r at TAKETHISOUThotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 00:45:59 EST 2004

David Longley <David at longley.demon.co.uk> wrote in
news:6hrR5FFiFgiBFwKK at longley.demon.co.uk:

>   a vast gulf, insufficiently remarked, separates
>   those who are primarily concerned to have been right from
>   those who are primarily concerned to be right. The latter, I
>   like to think, will inherit the earth.'
>   -
>   W.V. Quine
>   The Time of My Life (1985).

Is he saying people who are concerned with with what they will be doing are
meak? In comparison to people who are concerned with what they have done?