Concurring comment about Coloin's TD I/E concept

Peter F fell_trapforspambot_in at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 19 03:22:30 EST 2004

Within the confines of realistic relevance, the TD I/E concept
is a neat notion about how brains have evolved to "blindly/automatically"
_seek_ to make brainy individuals survive and reproduce.

In this process of self-perpetuation, "pain" is a brain's way
to tell itself that it is about to fail in this regard and that it has
to do something about it.

A simple neurophysiological description of pain is:
specific behaviour-steering patterns
of metabolically speeding, and action potential
generating, neurons.

[Whether Ken care to concur with me or not,
this is the most important or core meaning of what
he means by TD-I/E-up states. ;-)]

If a particular situation that an individual is in, is such
that pain is not only pointless but self-defeating, the same TD/IE-up
energy is equally blindly and automatically shunted (also as a result
of purely phylogenetic providence) towards suppressing
not only the pattern of pain being stimulated by a pain prompting
present situation but to inertly maintain a supression of the kind
of memory that is normally an inevitable aftermath of such
(overwhelmingly adverse but not directly lethal)
situations.

The last kind of TD E/I up states [those that are 'locked away'
but insidiously looming and leaking
(by being "rerouted" in more or less adaptive directions) is the one that is
hardest to recognize and come to terms with.

And what is most interesting (and/or most revealing) is how
the 'neural energy' of these states (by me concEPTulized as CURSES)
are being distributed and "blindly/automatically" dealt with.

That is, "dealt with" as reflected by reduced and increased
measures of brain-waves (EEG extracted),
levels of various transmitters/modulators
and hormones, and, NOT LEAST IMPORTANTLY,
by covert-to-overt mental and/or motor
(or ditto Behavioral) symptoms.

Neural science already has uncovered plenty enough
neural features/functions that we can be in no doubt that,
at the hardware level of how we are, SHITS, come CURSES,
are being dealt with in AEVASIVE ways (or for reasons
and neuropsychophysiological means represented by this concEPT).

And,  for that matter, SHITS come CURSES are dealt with
for evolution-theoretical unifying reasons also represented by AEVASIVE.

Lastly I might as well also again come clean about (clear up) what I mean
by the respective words that my concEPTs "SHITS" and "CURSES" loosely stand for:

SHITS is an acronymic *approximation* of
"specific/selective/synaptic hibernation imploring/inducing type situation(s)".

By "specific hibernation imploring type situations" I mean situations that implore
(and, normally, induce) "specific hibernation" in the sense of
a Long Term Depression (LTD) of postsynaptic activity AND (simultaneously)
a Long Term Potentiation (LTP) of excitatory presynaptic activity.

SHITS refers to any case of an individual's
psychobiological integration being threatened by a physically inescapable
negation of one or more of the individual's innate needs.

A SHITS is deadly or decisively deleterious if reacted ("actended") to
in a "flight or fight" or distressed manner whether its impact is sudden or
very gradual .(Or IOW, whether it is rapidly and dramatically,
or tardily and temporarily trivially, traumatic.)

By definition, situations that are directly lethal by themselves, are not required
to be included into the 'SHITS category' _even if_ such as situation will, mercifully,
cause (as many are sure to do) a massive final shut-down just before death's door.

The contrived and cryptic sem_antics that "SHITS" is approximately short for
reflects my septic/sardonic humor, and that I therefore prefer a 'turdgid',
to a merely turgid, explanation any day. ;-)

(Now about CURSES)

Any thus specifically "Conditioned-in" and combined (LTD+LTP) state

- i.e. a SHITS-specific unconscious remembrance
caused by "being (or having been) in a SHITS" -

that effects significant symptoms,
_deserves_ (IMO) to be given the correspondingly acronymic name
"CURSES".

CURSES can be alternatively written as "CCKHHURSES" --  for a thematic variation of this
acronymic concEPT (for what SHITS put into the Actention Selection System).

The long version makes this concEPT
(a conservatively conceived 'explanatory philosophical term')
more explicitly derived and even more scarily spelled (not ineptly so),
though it is at the same time to be identically 'tongued'.

Partly inspired by MAD (cold war shaming acronym), I arrived at EPT
[e.g: eclectically Explanatory perversely Pert
philosophical Terminology] and by concEPTual lenses/tools saw/grasped how
and why AEVASIVE preoccupations (personalities) normally preclude making
in dEPTh sense (of themselves).
In the acronym for Ambiadvantageously Evolved 'V-word' Actention
Selection (System) Involving Various Endorphins, AS(S) stand for how we
think/emote/behave based on our individual repertoire of competing {by
mutual inhibition) whilst cheered and booed {by current and past
environmental influences) "actention modules", & AE refer to the didactic
division of the Evolutionary Pressure Totality into relevant dialectic
lifetime juxtapositions of:
1. Opportunity
2. Adversity - here especially SHITS [Synaptic Hibernation Imploring
{naturally selective AND 'motivating' of selective unconsciousness)
Traumatic {also tardily so) Situations] normally repercussively retained as
CURSES type memory aka "Pain" (Janov)