Do nuerons continuously fire?

Jake Gold jake.cog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:36:16 EST 2004

I was simply wondering if there is ever a circumstance in the brain
where a neuron may enter a state whereopun it continuously fires
through its axons, even though it is not recieving sufficient input
from its dendrites to overcome the output threshold. I would suppose
this may happen if at one time the dendrite input exceeds the output
threshold at an exceptionally high level.

I was wondering because this may be one of the few ways that a brain
could form new connections based on passed experiences, IE - to bridge
the gap of time between when input happens and when the neurons finally
grow and make the new connections...