religion and the brain

de la Cruz - Guiterrez Juan Pablo (CPR-ST) JuanPablo.delaCruz-Guiterrez at infineon.com
Tue Oct 12 06:48:17 EST 2004

well, I do not mean to give my opinion on the topic. It would be lengthy,
yet would not add much to it
instead, have a look into the book "dynamic patterns", written by JAS Kelso
it is a description of how he (and many other researches) is trying to build
up a theory accounting for human behaviour based on the theory of nonlinear
dynamical systems and pattern formation (more concretely,
synergetics -Hermann Haken-).

or the "emperor's mind", by Roger Penrose, but I agree more with the former
one

Juan Pablo

P.S.-u might skip this- if u know a bit about such theories, you shall learn
that probability does not uniquely belong to quantum domain (meaning that it
is necessary to introduce them to give a satisfactory description of the
phenomena), but rather, appear at a macroscopic level (Think about what you
do, when u have to choose between to posible responses, but u cannot tell,
in advance, which is best. You would then, pick up one randomly. It applies
also to natural phenomena of unanimated elements) Still, the laws of the
Universe might be entirely deterministic (but show complex, chaotic
behaviour)
Hence, it is very hard to deny the existence of free will, or freedom

news:ckg98g$hhp$1 at domitilla.aioe.org...