religion and the brain

Lester Zick lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 25 16:00:26 EST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:21:08 -0300, "Stargazer" <fuckoff at spammers.com>
in comp.ai.philosophy wrote:

>Lester Zick wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:11:48 +0100, David Longley
>> <David at longley.demon.co.uk> in comp.ai.philosophy wrote:
>>

>> > Human brains are also remarkably like rat brains which is one of the
>> > reasons why most neuroscience research is done on rats. Because
>> > rats and dogs are macrosmatic most visual neuroscience is done on
>> > frogs, cats or small primates. The key point to appreciate is that
>> > there are remarkable homologies between all higher animals when it
>> > comes to central nervous system anatomy and function and this is
>> > true not just of the mammals. The environment has shaped these
>> > homologies and differences just as it continues to shape behaviour.
>> > One has to look to homologies in anatomical structure and
>> > environmental pressures to understand brain-behaviour relations.
>>
>> So, we should look to homologies in brain structure between you and
>> rats to explain your behavior, David? If you say so.
>>
>> Regards - Lester
>
>That was quite humorous, Mr. Zick. I trust you will continue
>to entertain us with such witty answers. However, Mr Longley's
>answer was correct enough. But don't let that refrain your
>impulse of diminishing the grumpiness of this NG. Who knows
>I'll hang a bit more here, I love people with a sense of humour.
>
>*SG*

Much appreciated. I'm sure David is, like a stopped clock, right at
least twice a day. But as with a stopped clock, I'm just never sure
when. I have better luck understanding when he's wrong. Which is
most of the time.

Jump right in. The water's fine. A little hot on occasion but ideal
for cooking soft shelled egos. With David and a few others I get a lot
of practice.

Regards - Lester