the liver and the brain

ZZBunker zzbunker at netscape.net
Wed Sep 1 17:14:13 EST 2004

rscanlon at nycap.rr.com (ray scanlon) wrote in message news:<363d693e.0409010606.7b12d802 at posting.google.com>...
> Glen M. Sizemore writes:
>
> > GS: The modification of behavior by experience is the usual definition of
> > learning. Of course, operant conditioning is defined by a change in
> > frequency of an originally spontaneous (at the level of behavior) response
> > (defined by its effect on the environment).
>
> Perfectly true, if you are a behaviorist. But for brain people,
> learning is a change in synaptic strength due to neural activity. The
> neural activity may, or may not, rise to the level of motor activity.
>
> Behavioral science is a lovely discipline, but it is a different
> discipline. Neural science must be reducible to molecular biology. I
> do not believe that behaviorists accept this stricture. I may be
> wrong, of course. I am willing to listen and to learn.

  Idiot Behaviourists can't even accept the stricture that
  anything other than *synthentic* DNA exists.

  Which is why almost all them are Mathematicians, Caltech AI Philosophers,
  Neo-Skinner Philosophers, TV Doctors, and tree surgeons.
  And paid minimum wage, if they're paid anything.

  Neural "science" is automatically reducible to
  molecular biology, since neural "science" has
  the curious property, that's it's not a science.

  It's a group of inbred communist-chemists who
  wouldn't know the difference between a science,
  a masturbating monkey, and a quark, which is why
  they're not even paid minimum-wage, they're paid the NULL SET.