the liver and the brain

P fell_trapforspambot_in at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 2 07:15:58 EST 2004

"r norman" <rsn_ at _comcast.net> wrote in message
news:2qtbj091g9pre25dj91ra68dmf4vbjtq3a at 4ax.com...
> The question is, are the specific neural circuits that produce infant
> babbling almost completely genetically determined or does learning and
> practice and use, all of which result in synaptic plasticity changes,
> play a major part in producing the functional circuits?  I do not know
> the answer.

I suggest that you learn what the truth is by beginning to listening to a
range of babies (e.g. Burmese, Brittish, Bengali, Basque, Bulgarian, and
Berber) braking out into babble for the very first time and check to see if
there as significant and consistent differences delineated by the different
language into which they were born.

I bet these babbles by babies sound exactly the same across the globe.

I would be rather surprised if there were such detectable differences; And
if they would turn out to exist, they may then still have been predetermined
not by differences in DNA but by differences in a combination of
epigenetically effective factors, such as e.g. diet.

Peter F