First Causes

JPL Verhey matterDELminds at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 04:16:05 EST 2004

"dan michaels" <feedbackdroids at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8d8494cf.0409062130.a4e0845 at posting.google.com...
>> The only cause which supplies its own proof as first cause is the idea
>> of differences and cognates of differences: negation, contradiction,
>> not, etc. and that principle compounded in terms of itself. Neither
>> Aristotle's prime mover unmoved nor god is proven of itself. Nor are
>> evolution and the natural selection of species proven with respect to
>> the categories and transitions between the categories.
>

> The other equally ridiculous idea that you left out is the fairly
> recent idea that nothing exists i nthe unvierse without mind making it
> so, and that the mind is somehow wrapped up in quantum physics. Some
> such gooblediegook.

Yet this notion is absolutely correct in the sense that any conscious
experience - from thoughts and emotions to objects seen around you in the
world "out there" including stars and galaxies - are all brain process -
out of convenience called mind - and occuring within your own skull. Quantum
processes (such as photon emissions and absorbtions) DO occur in the brain
(as elsewhere) so another rediculous idea would be presuming that quantum
processes are not part of conscious brain processes, called mind. I would
think that this folly is a by-product of the fairly recent folly  that mind
is not real, having no causal efficacy, an epiphenomenon at best.

--
Cheers, JPL

http://home.tiscali.nl/boynalechmipo/
On consciousness: experiential bubbles,
solipsism, mind-brain duality, the binding problem,
the hard problem and artificial consciousness.