the liver and the brain

Lester Zick lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 8 10:53:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:06:02 +0100, David Longley
<David at longley.demon.co.uk> in comp.ai.philosophy wrote:

>In article <413e18be.42345271 at netnews.att.net>, Lester Zick
><lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net> writes

>>>This is getting very tiresome.
>>
>>Yes, yes, I quite understand. What I don't quite understand is why you
>>continue and yet continue to complain.
>
>No, you don't understand and that's the problem. That, and the fact that
>you don't make any effort *to* understand just about sums you up and
>makes you appear pathologically odd or just stupid.
>>
>>>Your (odd) behaviour) is, in my view, worth drawing public attention to
>>>if only for vicarious purposes given what I've said in the past about
>>>how intensional opacity blights our folk psychology.
>>
>>Good. Please continue. It's about time someone shed some light on the
>>mind. Behaviorism has only shrouded the subject in darkness.
>>
>Mentalism is a (demonstrably dubious, archaic/arcane) philosophy.
>Behaviourism is a subsequent, more parsimonious and useful philosophy.

Denial often  is.

>These are different "conceptual schemes" or ways of talking/behaving.
>There's therefore no reason why behaviourism should have to shed light
>on "the mind" (a concept which belongs within the mentalistic ontology)
>as it's a different (rival) "conceptual scheme". Behaviourism, and
>therefore Behaviour Analysis repudiates mentalism for sound
>empirical/logical reasons.

Which are?

>Within *evidential* behaviourism (radical behaviourism is more empirical
>still), a careful analysis of language has revealed how the intensional
>or mentalistic vernacular is logically at odds with the languages we use
>for the rest of science.

What the careful analysis of your language reveals is that you fail to
demonstrate anything you say.

>>>You and other incorrigibles like you should consider migrating over to
>>>talk.bizarre where it doesn't seem to matter *what* anyone writes about,
>>>or whether any it makes sense to themselves or anyone else. What you
>>>appear to want isn't educated or informed discussion but social contact
>>>with other similarly disposed "lexical-flappers".
>>
>>Why else would I be talking to you and Glen?
>
>I am aware that by responding to you, I am, alas, reinforcing some of
>your eccentric behaviour. However, you should realise that I'm not just
>responding to you - this is a *public* forum.

What I realize, David, is that you haven't responded to anyone. In all
the years of talk, you have failed to make or even address any point
at all. All you do is whine, snivel and complain that perspectives of
you and your cohorts on issues in behavioral science go unappreciated.
Little wonder. You, Glen, and Uncle Al are cretins of science.You have
no standing in behavior analysis to protect. Stop being a girlie man.

Regards - Lester