First Causes

Lester Zick lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 10 13:37:56 EST 2004

On 9 Sep 2004 15:14:21 -0700, dralexgreen at yahoo.co.uk (Alex Green) in
comp.ai.philosophy wrote:

>lesterDELzick at worldnet.att.net (Lester Zick) wrote in message news:<41406d36.55578664 at netnews.att.net>...
>> On 9 Sep 2004 04:39:35 -0700, dralexgreen at yahoo.co.uk (Alex Green) in
>> comp.ai.philosophy wrote:

[. . .]

>> >Could there be differences without these things? If so, how?
>>
>> Could there be space and time without differences? No.
>
>Please explain. Are you using the term 'differences' to mean the
>presence of more than one thing or the detection of more than one
>thing? If the latter then the detection would involve more than one
>thing so many things come before 'difference'. If the former then you
>have widened the term 'difference' so far that it just means 'things'.

We have a significant problem here. If you're going to arbitrarily
snip relevant comments, there is nothing to discuss. If you want
answers to questions, please extend me the courtesy of addressing
all points I submit for consideration of the issue. I use the term
difference in the sense of contradiction, negation, or not.

Regards - Lester