No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:43:05 EST 2005

statistics, models or research findings showing the impact of research on
economy and society in general, to be used as arguments to convince
politicians that investment in basic research is not lost money. We would
also be interested in suggestions on how we might continue our actions.

We would  ask you to distribute the present message to all people you know
who might be interested, so that an as a large as possible public of
researchers is reached.
The letters of support (and possible further reactions) are to be sent to
"Focus Research. Belgian Association for the Advancement of Science", a
recently founded group representing all researchers, which will distribute
them to the press and to politicians. The address is:

Focus Research
Triomflaan 63
B-1160 Brussels
Belgium

Phone: + 32 - 2 - 647 77 13
Fax: + 32 - 2 - 647 31 57

We thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely,

Francis Heylighen

Dr. Francis Heylighen                                Systems Researcher
PO, Free University of Brussels, Pleinlaan 2, B -1050 Brussels, Belgium
Phone:+32-2-6412525; Fax:+32-2-6412489; Email: fheyligh at vnet3.vub.ac.be