No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:43:05 EST 2005

> I have the idea that aesthetics must have a biological basis, in the sense
> that something aesthetically pleasing evokes different neural activation
> patterns than something which is not. Is anything known about that?

Note that one person's "aesthetically pleasing" is another person's
"Turn off that crap!"  Given this wildly unpredictable response to a stimulus,
I think it's going to be difficult to prove anything here, although it
certainly is an interesting question, and probably an important one.
Thanks for bringing it up!

 |  Kent Multer     multer at esd.dl.nec.com        alias:  Maruta Ken  |
 |  Magic Metal Productions         _|___    _____      /:\ ||       |
 |  P. O. Box 871895                `|. |   |__|__|     [|] ||       |
 |  Dallas, TX  75287                /  \/  |__|__|     /^\  /       |
 |  (214) 394-0541                  "Sword of the Round Rice Paddy"  |