No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:46:45 EST 2005

Anderson, J, et al (1991) "Measurement of maximum variability within event
related potentials in schizophrenia," Psychiatric Research 39:33-44

	attempts to quantify variability of later "cognitive" components

Wright, J, et al (1990) "Inverse filter computation of the neural impulse
giving rise to the auditory evoked potential," Brain Topography 2:293-302

	develops a model suggesting that cognitive ERP components are a simple
	impulse response of an equivalent linear filter in the cortex and
	suggests an explanation for variability of components in
	single-trial analysis

Clark, C, et al (1991) "Event-related potentials and the spatio-temporal
dynamics of cognitive activity," J Clin & Exp Neuropsychology 13:429

	uses artifical neural network techniques to quantify variability
	and to recognise cognitive components in single trials

In my original request for suggestions I mentioned two papers by author, but
did not include explicit citations.  I have cited these two papers here due to
expressed interest:

Thomas, D.G., Neer, C.M., Price, J.M. (1989) Analyses of single-trial N1
amplitude and latency variability and their influence on the average
evoked potential.  Electroenceph. clin. Neurophysiol., 74, 228-235.

Michalewski, H.J., Prasher, D.K., Starr, A. (1986) Latency variability and
temporal interrelationships of the auditory event-related potentials (N1,
P2, N2, and P3) in normal subjects.  Electroenceph. clin. Neurophysiol.,
65, 59-71.

Michael Kisley, Graduate Student
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Colorado, Boulder