No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:51:58 EST 2005

> Does anyone know of a specific biochemical marker that could
> be used in following the development of the cerebellum?

Hi Carlos.  Your pan-neurotrophin stuff is really cool.  :-)

I browsed through my files and came up with a few ideas,
but I'm no cerebellum expert.

1. Pax genes or their products (Kioussi and Gruss, J. Cell Biol. 125:417,
	April 1994 and references therein).

2. Zebrin and P-path (Leclerc et al., PNAS 89:5006, 1992, cited by
	Fykse et al., J. Neurosci. 13:4997, 1993; the Fykse paper
	looks at synaptophysins in cerebellum).

3. Transcripts from the GluR-4 gene encoding a glutamate receptor
	subunit (Gallo et al., J.Neurosci. 12:1010, March 1992).

Hope this is of some small usefulness.  Have fun.
--

Steve Matheson   Program in Neuroscience   University of Arizona
sfm at neurobio.arizona.edu