No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:56:17 EST 2005

>       Has anyone heard/or read any details about the births of two
>       children in a British family, the second child (female) arriving
>       approximately two years ago, where neither child could feel pain?

If I recall correctly, one of the PBS series in the last few years
(either _The Brain_ or _The Mind_, I think it was the latter)
showed a child with this condition and discussed the implications
(summarized as "no fear").  I seem to recall that the family was
from the UK, but this was as much as 5 years ago.
--

Steve Matheson   Program in Neuroscience   University of Arizona
sfm at neurobio.arizona.edu