No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:59:37 EST 2005

>and holding her left arm stragely
>occasionally.
>All that got better within 48 hours.
>Today she had a follow-up EEG and they said it was "pretty" normal and
>"essentially" normal.  I know that her "gamma" waves were somewhat slow
>though (the technician managed to tell me this, against her will.)

According to _Principles of Psychophysiology_, Cacioppo et al, 1990, gamma
is 30-50 Hz, small amplitude (<10 microvolts) activity.  Based on this
book, it looks as if gamma has not been researched a lot, and the term
"gamma" is not even used very much, having been introduced into the
literature in 1938.  Gamma is the same as high frequency beta.

People's EEGs vary individually.  Had your daughter gotten her EEG
checked prior to the seizure?  If not, maybe the "slow gamma" is normal
for her.

I think seizures are common in kids.  I had convulsions when I was a kid,
and so did my sister.  She developed childhood epilepsy (which is now
gone), I did not.  References:  check a medical dictionary or medical
encyclopedia, found in the reference section of libraries.