No subject

Sun Apr 10 20:59:37 EST 2005

gamma (or beta) rhythm.  This does not mean she is learning disabled or
"slow".  How is she doing now?

>If it matters,
>developmentally, she has always been ahead:  sat up without suppport at 5
>months; walked at 9 and one half months; has a vocabulary of over 100
>words and uses two word sentences now at almost 18 months.  Oddly, she
>even is speaking better these last couple of days -- trying more words
>than ever.
>
>I am a concerned, nay, freaking out, mother.  I feel we got through the
>scary crisis and now I'm getting this "pretty" and "essentially" normal
>stuff.

>Please, if any of you can shed any light on this obscure
>language, please either e-mail me directly, or post to this group where I
>can get some more information on atypical febrile seizures.

"Febrile" means "fever".
"Atypical" is possibly a catch-all category where they put all the cases
they can't explain.  I'd suggest looking in Medline & Psychlit (CD-ROMS
available at university or med school libraries).

>BTW, I've
>already posted in misc.kids.health and there's no news there.
>
>Kaye in Charlottesville, Virginia
Tom
--
Tom