No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:06:40 EST 2005

headache, dizziness, lower back pain, nausea, depression, and temper all
showed favorable trends when taking aspartame.  Nervousness, binge eating,
and insomnia all showed no change between placebo and aspartame.  The only
category in the table I saw that worsened was trouble remembering.  Did
they not report all the categories examined for normal subjects in this
table?

>: Of course, the worst "side effects" occurred while the subjects were on <:placebo.

> That's also not true.  The table I posted earlier proves that it's
> not true.

Hello Idiot!  What do you consider the worst problems that these depressed
patients had during this study?  I think the worst problems were RETINAL
DETACHMENT and CONJUNCTIVAL HEMORRHAGE.  Name what you think is the worst
problem and I'll consider it.

> There was a significant increase in adverse symptoms in
> the aspartame group.

I wasn't arguing against that.

> You seem to be referring to why the study was
> stopped by the Institutional Review Board which is a *separate* issue.

I was just trying to point out that the authors had good reason to include,
or not include, subjects as well as good reasons for stopping the study.  A
trying to stick up for the authors at that point.  Interesting that you
would debate me even when I try to stick up for your side.

Rifle River
jstream at girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu