No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:13:17 EST 2005

hypothesis.  No one knows why the cells in the Substantia Nigra die, but by
the time we Parkinsons patients are sick enough to be diagnosed, 75% has
already died.

My hypothesis is briefly this:

1.  Toxins invading the body attack the central nervous system via blood cir
     culating the brain.

2.  These toxins, specifically mercury in my case, subtly change the red blood
      cell in such a way that it can no longer function as a normal red blood
      cell.  That is to say, it can no longer pass on nutrients to other cells.
      My best guess is that these specific cells in the Substantia Nigra died of
      oxygen deprivation.

3.  Toxins probably are not the only culprits, but they are a good place to
      start investigating.  As laymen, we are told that  since the cause of
     Parkinsons is unknown, there is no way to effect a cure.

4.  Hence our myriad symptons are "managed/masked" with medication.

5.  I am told that nerve cells do not regenerate.  Therefore, perhaps the
    best cure for Parkinsons (until a way of regenerating healthy nerve
    cells is discoverd), most likely is prevention/eradication of toxins enter
    ing the body.

6.  Since the researchers are presumably utilizing the scientific method to
     obtain accurate results, it seems that the actual speed with which re-
     search progresses is doomed to forever proceed at a snails pace.

7.  Granted, I am not involved in research, but when I think of how long it
     is taking to find a cure for cancer, I realize that it may be just as long
     or even longer, given the small amount of funding, before a cure for
     Parkinsons Disease will be found.

8.  At the risk of alienating the medical community in general, it seems never-
    the less paramont (at least as far as my health is concerned), that research
    proceed at a faster, and perhaps more accurate pace than ever before.

9.  This means that people like me, who have Parkinsons, need to be con-
     sidered as an excellent potential for very valid information.

10. Since the internet has come of age, the exciting possibility is that we
     can pool our knowledge as never before possible, and store that it
     will not be forgotten, and efforts will not be duplicated when attempting
     additional research for a cure.

11. Maybe my hypothesis is all wrong, but it seems to be logically more
      likely to be true, than not.

Any and all responses are welcome, as long as they are not derogatory.

And yes, I am still interested in how unipole magnets can affect such
conditions as leg cramps, etc.

Sincerely,

The BBBEAR