No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:15:26 EST 2005

|> The effect of str
|> lesions of da depletions is to eliminate a process known as motor
|> readiness, responding faster with more time to prepare a response.
|> Carli et al. (1989) showed that the interpretation of a role of the bg
|> in  motor preparation, and not attention, is valid.

In the motor modality, the high level neural equivalent of attention is 'motor
readiness', if you think about it. Its the activation of a 'plan' that can cover
large distances in space/time.

|> This has been
|> corroborated by Verity Brown and Trevor Robbins in several more recent
|> articles.

Look at Huntington's - people start with absentmindedness, move to disordered
thoughts and eventually total dementia - the bg has a role in organizing
attention in thought as well as the motor system, I think.

Paul