No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:18:31 EST 2005

About I5 years ago I was studying the psychotropic effects of a remarkable
molecule:gamma-hydroxybutyrate.
In search for similar drugs acting by the activation of Tyrosine Hydroxylase I studied
baclofene,a molecule known also as a Gaba B agonist(gamma-hydroxybutyrate was found
later to be also a Gaba B agonist and also a Tryptophane Hydroxylase Activator,at
pharmacological doses).
At that time I was interested to know if the remarkable properties of
gamma-hydroxybutyrate(Gamma-OH,Egic,Trademark)were a consequence of Tyrosine
Hydroxylase activation so I,naturally,went to
Baclofene(Liorésal,Ciba-Geigy,Trademark).

Description of some psychotropic effects of baclofene.