No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:26:34 EST 2005

About I5 years ago I was studying the psychotropic effects of a
remarkable molecule:gamma-hydroxybutyrate.
In search for similar drugs acting by the activation of Tyrosine
Hydroxylase I studied baclofene,a molecule known also as a Gaba B
agonist(gamma-hydroxybutyrate was found later to be also a Gaba B
agonist and also a Tryptophane Hydroxylase Activator,at
pharmacological doses).
At that time I was interested to know if the remarkable properties of
gamma-hydroxybutyrate(Gamma-OH,Egic,Trademark)were a consequence of
Tyrosine Hydroxylase activation so I,naturally,went to
Baclofene(Liorésal,Ciba-Geigy,Trademark).

Description of some psychotropic effects of baclofene.