No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:30:27 EST 2005

"A few of the changes in dopamine and serotonin concentrations within the
brain induced by aspartame, phenylalanine and aspartic acid are listed.

*  Phenylalanine is converted to tyrosine by the enzyme phenylalanine
   hydroxylase (Chapter 5).  Tyrosine undergoes a change to
   dihydroxyphenylalanine (levodopa, L-Dopa), which then is transformed
   to dopamine.

*  The chronic administration of excess phenylalanine and aspartic acid
   tends to decrease serotonin and other neurotransmitters within several
   regions of the brain, and may alter dopamine receptors in certain brain
   cells.

*  Crippling fluctuations in the motor performance of patients with
   Parkinsonism who are treated with levodopa have been improved by
   eliminating protein from their breakfast and lunch.  Pincus et al
   (l986, l987) demonstrated a close correlation between elevated
   levels of the large neutral amino acids and aggravated symptoms of
   Parkinsonism, notwithstanding high plasma levodopa concentrations.
   These motor fluctuations improved when the amino acid levels declined.
   Such antagonism of levodopa's action by protein and amino acids
   probably reflects interference with its transport across the blood
   brain barrier.

End of quote from book

I would print this out and take it to him for his physician.  And I'll
take the opportunity of putting this in a neurology newsgroup so they will
know too.

I know its unbelievable that they would take a deadly drug like this with
biologic effects and market it as an additive, so there would be no
requirement for safety monitoring, and not even put a warning on the
label. I know if I hadn't warned my friend he wouldn't be alive today, and
who knows how many have already perished who were not warned.  Also,
aspartame can trigger Parkinson's Disease.

Regards,
Betty
For more information on aspartame email:  betty at pd.org
    TYPE:    sendme help        on the Subject Line
                            1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and
  Mission Possible                send us your case history.
5950-H State Bridge Rd.     2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
     Suite 215              3. Return Asparcidal food to the store. Anything
 Duluth, GA 30097  USA            (anything with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/
                                   Spoonful/Benevia/NatraTaste)
VISIT  http://www.dorway.com/possible.html     Get links to over 30 sites
       http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/   FAQs & Toxicity Reports
       http://www.notmilk.com                  Exposing Bovine Growth Hormone
          Disability and Death are not acceptable costs of business!