No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:33:07 EST 2005

screaming censorship, so be prepared.  =)

Another possibility is to use filters.  One group that I know of has
decided on a small character string, which is put into the subject line
when you start a thread.  The regulars all know to put this string in, and
there are instructions to do it in their charter and FAQ so that Newbies
know to do it also.  Then everyone just sets their filter to ignore posts
without this string (for that group only).  It's very little work, and
spam artists and people who cross post from other groups are unaware of
the filtering process.  And for those of us without filters, we can
quickly scan through and delete threads that don't contain the character
string.

Also, as far as votes go.... 80 is a large number to get to, especially if
the readership of this group isn't that high to start off with.  There are
people who float around the news.groups type groups waiting for the CFVs
and post either nay or yeh depending on their views of censorship rather
than on anything that has to do with bionet.neuroscience itself.

Good luck,
Angie