No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:46:03 EST 2005

make more of the same gene but that doesn't mean that has to be the
purpose of our lives from _our_ point of view.

If you do look at it from the genetic point of view, though,
multi-cellular organisms can be regarded as a bacteria's way of
occupying places bacteria normally couldn't go rather the way that our
own collective social structure gives us access to otherwise
unobtainable resources. Eukocytes probably represent only a tiny
fraction of the Earth's biomass and multi-celled organisms only a tiny
fraction of that tiny fraction. It not a matter of either/or. Evolution
fills as many potential niches as it can.