No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:51:43 EST 2005

in Myers,R.D. 1971.  General laboratory procedures, In Methods in
Psychobiology, vol 1. (R.D. Myers, ed.) p27-65, Academic press, NY.

7.46 g/l NaCl
0.19 g/l KCl
0.14 g/l anhydrous CaCl2
0.19 g/l MgCl2.6H20
1.76 g/l NaHCO3
0.18 g/l Na2HPO4
0.61 g/l glucose

Dissolve the anhydrous CaCl2 and Na2HPO4 in two separate beakers in a little
distilled water.  Dissolve the rest in a 3rd, large container.  Add the
CaCl2 and Na2HPO4 solutions one at a time and bring up to correct volume
using distilled water.

Sterilize the a-CSF by passing it through a sterilization filter.

Mike Tordoff
Philadelphia

Jeffrey P. Utz <utzj at auhs.edu> wrote in message
news:moPa3.226$KU1.47221 at news1.epix.net...
> Look in some papers with in vitro recording in Journals like J. Neurophys.
> or J. Physiol. You should be able to find them there. Why not use my
> favorate solution: 0.9% NaCl (normal saline). I would try to contact the
> users of the solutions for the reasons why they use particular solutions.
It