No subject

Sun Apr 10 21:52:51 EST 2005

Dasein
ziel
atman

Atman, of course, represents the deepest known investigation of the soul.

Others nominated:
ego
being
doer
demon
spirit
energy
free will

And the following that stands by itself:
"physiological electrochemical matrix interfused with external sensory
organs and memory via hippocampus and RNA".

The notion behind all this is to look at those who talk religion while
claiming science. I like Stephen Jay Gould's use of "magisterium", he rates
it a four bit word. I intend to use the word and hope it shrinks to two bit
size. Soul (mind) belongs to the magisterium of religion, brain belongs to
the magisterium of science. A cognitive 'scientist' pushes cheap religion
like a TV preacher.

--
Ray

Those interested in how the brain works might look at
www.wsg.net/~rscanlon/brain.htm