Associate Director - Molecular Neuropharmacology, Princeton, NJ

MTwyethjobs at wyeth.com MTwyethjobs at wyeth.com
Thu Apr 28 10:01:29 EST 2005

Leading the Way to a Healthier World. One important accomplishment
leads to another at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. As we develop groundbreaking
treatments and vaccines to make the quality of life better for
millions, we're pleased to think of how our work affects the lives of
individuals. Our world-class pipeline is supported by the superior
research and development that is critical to introducing the most
effective pharmaceuticals. Rest assured that if you establish a career
with our organization, you can help others to rest a lot easier. Wyeth
Research is seeking an experienced professional to join our Princeton,
NJ facility.

Classification: Neuroscience - Depression/Anxiety Research

Responsibilities: In this key role, research will be focused on in
vitro or ex vivo experimental studies emphasizing a multi-disciplinary
approach to CNS drug discovery. Duties will range from screening
procedures to developing new assays and performing basic research.

Requirements: Ph.D. in neuroscience, pharmacology, biology, or related
discipline, and 4+ years of industrial experience; Ph.D. with 8 years
of relevant experience.  A background in one or more of the following
areas is essential: receptor binding, second messenger system assays
and signal transduction systems, protein biochemistry and/or
neuroanatomical techniques including immunocytochemistry.  A working
knowledge of molecular biology and the application of these techniques
to pharmacological studies would be beneficial. The individual should
also have excellent computer skills and be familiar with
computer-assisted data analysis and imaging systems, if applicable.
The ability to demonstrate leadership skills and interact in a team
environment are important attributes.

Wyeth offers competitive compensation and benefits programs including
stock options, child-care subsidies, flex-time, business casual attire,
educational assistance and professional development programs. Please
forward your resume with salary requirements to the e-mail address
listed.

For more information, visit our website at http://www.wyeth.com.

Wyeth is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.

Contact: mtwyethjobs at wyeth.com